Together with our sister company HALFEN, Halfen Moment Group participated the seminar organized by Fenestra Malaysia, in partnership with PAM (Malaysian Institute of Architects) titled, ‘Building Envelope Design 2018’. More than 150 people attended the event including architects, structural and civil engineers, developers, as this seminar covers façade engineering fundamentals, UBBL imperatives for the building envelope, sustainability issues relating to the building skins and the importance of wind tunnel testing for tall buildings.
Halfen Moment team and booth presenting HALFEN cast-in channel fixing systems
Over 150 industry professionals attended the seminar
HALFEN cast-In channels were presented during the seminar. More than any structure tall buildings need a significant number of heavy-duty fixings, for example, for the fixing of elevator guide rails or curtain wall facades. HALFEN cast-in channels have been used for the curtain wall façade of Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE, with 828 meter, still the tallest building in the world, fixing more than 25,000 prefabricated panels of double-layer glass set within extruded aluminum frames. The use of the cast-in channel fixing system allowed an increase in site productivity of almost 30 % compared to traditional methods such as welding or drilling. It also results in a cleaner and safer worksite, with fewer workers required onsite.
Burj Khalifa during the installation period of more than 25,000 curtain wall façade panels.
In summary, the HALFEN cast in channel fixing system offers the following benefits:
- Adjustable and safe connection
- Highest degree of safety – not depending on workmanship compared to traditional systems
- No drilling or welding
- Fast installation – reduction of construction time
- Allows for simple future replacements / extensions
- Hot-rolled channels for fatigue relevant loads
- Serrated DYNAGRIP channels for seismic load application – 3D load introduction
- Increase in site productivity of up to 30% with reduced labour