Halfen Moment Singapore was proud to be a one of the key sponsors for the Singapore Concrete Institute’s Urban Structures seminar 2018 which took place at the HDB Centre of Building Research on 15th March 2018. A series of topics on quality and cost saving buildings construction have been conducted.
Managing Director of Halfen Moment Singapore, Gary Connah has contributed in one of the sessions by sharing a topic on ‘The Secret of Robust Precast Connections: A Singapore Journey’. The connection of precast components on construction sites has always been a difficult challenge due to manufacturing tolerances and the need to transfer loads through the structure.
Hence, a number of ways of precast connections has been introduced throughout the seminar such as:
• Grout Coupler to connect walls and columns to foundation
• Connection loops to connect 2 precast boxes for the prefabricated prefinished volumetric construction (PPVC)
• Wire Loop Box to connect walls together
• Halfen HEK Precast Coupler for wall/slab to wall connections
• Column Shoes for installing precast concrete columns
• Invisible Connections to connect precast concrete without using corbels
Discussions in the seminar primarily revolved around lifting and erecting of precast elements; connections for wall panels; connections for columns and beams and connections for stair landings in the precast sector.
The event was an opportunity for Halfen Moment Group and more than 100 engineers who have attended to provide a platform to exchange views on precast technologies in Singapore.